Titan 40GbE XMC
Rugged Optical Modules
• Server applications
• Network-attached storage devices
• Flight test
• High-speed sensor data recording and simulation
• Video over Ethernet data capture
• Geological survey and seismic
• High performance
• Low power
• Air-cooled and conduction-cooled
The Titan 40GbE XMC offers high-performance Ethernet for a wide range of applications. Based on the latest Intel XL710 40GbE Controller, the Titan 40GbE XMC supports IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol (PTP), making it suitable for time-critical applications. The XL710 offers the latest UDP, TCP, SCTP, and IP checksum offload.
The board can be fitted with up to four rugged front panel modules or recessed rugged optical modules for easy in-box optical cabling in conduction-cooled environments using multi-mode fiber connections.
The Titan 40GbE XMC is available in both air-cooled and conduction-cooled variants to fit a wide range of single-board computers (SBCs) in CPCI, VME, or VPX form factor. An x8 PCI Express Gen2 host interface capable of running 2.5GT/s, 5.0GT/s, and 8.0GT/s ensure high bandwidth to the host.
An optional PCI Express card edge adapter offers easy integration in standard desktop systems for non-rugged applications and software development. The Titan 40GbE XMC board ships with both Linux and Windows software drivers.
Galleon Embedded Computing’s quality management system is certified to Aerospace Standard AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001.
• IPCIe v2.0, x8 (8GT/s) host interface
• Intelligent offloads enable high network performance
• Rugged optical 40GbE interface
• Windows and Linux drivers
• Intel FTXL710-AM1
• 850nm MM transceiver*
• Front panel optical transceivers with LC connectors
• Optional recessed transceivers for easy internal optical cabling in conduction-cooled systems without front panel connections
• UDP, TCP, SCTP, and IP checksum offload
• Up to 256 maximum VMDq VMs supported
• 1536 Tx and Rx queues per device
• Time Sync, PTP (IEEE 1588, 802.1as) support
Host Interface (XMC)
• PCIe v2.0, x8 (8GT/s)
• -40°C to +75°C rugged air-cooled
• -40°C to +85°C rugged conduction-cooled
• Conformal coating on all models
• Up to 100%, condensing
• Linux and Windows drivers
* Contact factory for single-mode fiber, or copper options