XSR 10GbE Recorder
Rugged – Small Size – High Performance
• UAS, UGV, UUV
• High-speed sensor recording
• HD video recording
• Sensor development
• Flight test
• High bandwidth
• High storage density
• Flexible and scalable
• Rugged design
The Galleon XSR 10GbE data recorder offers superior performance in a small form factor, and it is capable of capturing UDP or TCP/IP data from up to 8x 10Gb Ethernet interfaces at over 1GB/s sustained recording speeds.
The design concept of XSR is based on the use of COTS Open Architecture modules, that allow the unit to make use of the latest generation Intel processors. This enables the XSR to keep pace with increasing technological advancements and provides a key mitigation strategy for Obsolescence Management, which helps to protect the user’s design for 10 years or more.
Intel Core i7 and Xeon processor options, including the latest 9th generation, are supported with up to 96GB SDRAM supporting ECC.
The XSR is optimized for deployed applications such as unmanned systems, pods, and ground vehicles. Rugged miniature 38999 connectors for all interfaces ensure reliable operation in all conditions. The design is Size, Weight, Power, and Cost (SWaP-C) optimized.
Removable Data Modules (XSR RDMs) enable short ground times for airborne applications and instant access to recorded data in the ground access system without the need to download the recorded data over a slow drain interface. Industry-standard solid-state drives are used to benefit from the ever-increasing storage densities and cost reductions as the technology evolves.
The recorder has a simple C++ API for remote control over a separate Gigabit Ethernet connection. Optional FIPS 140-2 and AES-256 hardware encryption provides a high level of data security with flexible key management options, including physical key tokens through front panel key loading port and remote loading over a secure network connection.
The XSR 10Gb Ethernet Recorder is designed to meet the most severe environmental conditions without compromising on functionality and performance.
Galleon Embedded Computing’s quality management system is certified to Aerospace Standard AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001.
• Small: 6.2 x 7.9 x 4.1” (conduction cooled)
• Up to 8 Intel® 10GbE ports
• Up to 5 Intel® GbE ports
• Up to 80TB removable SSD
• On-board GPS for time and date synchronization
• Optional FIPS 140-2 and AES-256 encryption
• Rugged conduction-cooled and air-cooled designs
• MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461
• Up to 8 Intel® 10GbE Controllers
• Up to 5 Intel® GbE Controllers
• Optionally dedicated Intel® GbE Controller for control interface
• Up to 80TB removable MLC SSD
• Up to 40TB removable SLC SSD
• Optional certified FIPS 140-2 hardware encryption (AES-256)
• Optional AES256 encryption
Front Panel Interfaces
• Removable storage bay
• On-board GPS unit
• Time and date synchronization through GPS or NTP service
Rear Panel Interfaces
• 8x optical 10GbE
• 5x 1000BASE-T
• 3x USB 2.0
• 2x RS-232
• 1x GPS antenna input
• 1x Power, 16-40V DC wide input
• 0°C to +50°C standard temperature
• -40°C to +71/75°C extended temperature (AC/CC)
Shock and Vibration
• Tested to MIL-STD-810
• -1500 to 40 000 ft (AC)**
• -1500 to 60 000 ft (CC)**
• Tested to MIL-STD-461
• Up to 100%, condensing
Size, Weight & Power
• 6.2 x 7.9 x 4.1”***
• 7.6 x 13.4 x 3.5”****
• Weight: from 9.9 lb (min. configuration)
• Power, idle: 40-60W (configuration dependent)
• Power, max: 50-90W (configuration dependent)
• 16-40V DC wide input
* With the exception of our own even smaller G1 micro Recorder
** Contact factory for high altitude options
*** 4 channel, conduction-cooled, small form factor
**** 8 channel, conduction-cooled, half-rack