XSR Serial FPDP Recorder
Extremely Rugged sFPDP Recorder – Up to 8 Channels
• Missile testing
• Radar development and data recording
• High speed sensor data capture
• Geological survey and seismic
• Physics research
• SWaP-C optimized
• High performance
• Flexible and scalable
• Rugged design
The Galleon XSR Rugged sFPDP Recorder offers superior performance in an ultra-small form factor and is capable of capturing up to 8 Serial FPDP channels at link speeds up to 4.25Gbaud. Additional Ethernet interfaces (1GBE and 10GBE provide additional sideband recording options)
The design concept of XSR is based on the use of COTS Open Architecture modules. This enables the XSR to keep pace with increasing technology advancement and provides a key mitigation strategy for Obsolescence Management, which helps to protect the user’s design for 10 years or more.
Intel Core i7 and Xeon processor options, including the latest 9th generation, are supported with up to 96GB SDRAM supporting ECC.
The XSR is optimized for deployed applications such as unmanned systems, pods and ground vehicles. Rugged LC Duplex or expanded beam form connectors for all interfaces ensure reliable operation in all conditions. The design is Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP-C) optimized.
Removable Data Modules (XSR RDMs) enables short ground times for airborne applications and instant access to recorded data in the ground access system without the need to download the recorded data over a slow drain interface. Industry standard solid-state drives are used to benefit from the ever-increasing storage densities and cost reductions as the technology evolves.
The recorder has a simple C++ API for remote control over a separate Gigabit Ethernet connection. Optional FIPS 140-2 and AES-256 hardware encryption provides a high level of data security with flexible key management options, including physical key tokens through front panel key loading port and remote loading over a secure network connection.
The XSR sFPDP Recorder is designed to meet the most severe environmental conditions without compromising on functionality and performance.
Galleon Embedded Computing’s quality management system is certified to Aerospace Standard AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001.
• Up to 8 channel Serial FPDP
• VITA 17.1 compliant
• 1.0625, 2.125, 2.5, 3.125 and 4.25 Gbaud supported
• Rugged MIL–DTL–38999 expanded beam optical connectors
• Up to 80TB removable SSD
• Up to 2GB/sec recording bandwidth
• Optional FIPS 140-2 and AES-256 encryption
• GPS unit for date and time synchronization
• Timestamping of recorded data
• Up to 8 channels
• 1.0625, 2.125, 2.5, 3.125 and 4.25 Gbaud link speed supported
• Vita 17.1 compliant
• MIL-38999 expanded beam optical interfaces
• Up to 80TB MLC SSD
• Up to 40TB SLC SDD
• Optional certified FIPS 140-2 hardware encryption (AES-256)
• Optional AES 256-bit encryption
Rear Panel Interfaces
• Up to 8x optical serial FPDP
• 5x GbE*
• 2x 10GbE (10GBase-T) – Optional
• 1x VGA
• Up to 3 USB
• 4x GPIO
Front Panel Interfaces
• Removable storage bay
• Time/date synchronization with GPS or NTP
• On-board GPS unit
• 0°C to +50°C standard temperature
• -40°C to +71/75°C extended temperature (AC/CC)
Shock and Vibration
• Tested to MIL-STD-810
• -1500 to 40 000 ft (AC)**
• -1500 to 60 000 ft (CC)**
• Tested to MIL-STD-461
• Up to 100%, condensing
Size, Weight & Power
• 6.2 x 7.9 x 4.1”*** (157 x 201 x 103 mm***)
• 7.6 x 13.4 x 3.5”**** (194 x 341 x 89 mm****)
• Weight: 9.9 lb (4.5 kg) (min. configuration)
• Power, recording 4Ch sFPDP: 65W (typical)
• 16-40V DC wide input
* Only 3 GbE if 10GbE option used
** Contact factory for high altitude options
*** 4 channel, conduction cooled, small form factor (SFF) system
**** 8 channel, conduction cooled, half rack (HR) system
The XSR Serial FPDP Recorder is also offered in a half-rack configuration to meet your hardware installation requirements.