XSR Rugged NAS
Rugged Network Attached Storage – High-Performance
• UAVs, UGVs
• Flight management
• Map systems
• Cockpit information systems
• SWaP optimized
• High performance
• Flexible and scalable
• Rugged conduction-cooled or air-cooled designs
The Galleon XSR Rugged NAS offers superior performance in a very small form factor. Removable storage ensures short ground times for airborne applications. Industry standard solid-state drives are used to benefit from the ever-increasing storage densities and cost reductions as the technology evolves.
The XSR NAS is capable of handling a high number of simultaneous connections without compromising system performance. It supports up to 13 Ethernet connections, configurable as 1Gb, 10Gb, 25Gb and 40Gb interfaces on both copper and optical media.
The unit can be delivered with Linux Enterprise Server or FreeNAS SW preconfigured to suit your application needs. An optional FIPS 140-2 validated hardware encryption module provides a high level of data security with flexible key loading options, including physical key tokens through front panel key loading port and remote loading over a secure network connection.
Intel Core i7 and Xeon processor options, including the latest 9th generation, are supported with up to 96GB SDRAM supporting ECC.
The design concept of XSR is based on the use of COTS Open Architecture modules. This enables the XSR to keep pace with increasing technology advancement and provides a key mitigation strategy for Obsolescence Management, which helps to protect the user’s design for 10 years or more. The extremely rugged design makes it ideal for deployed applications in rugged or harsh environments.
Optional FIPS 140-2 and AES-256 hardware encryption provides a high level of data security with flexible key management options, including physical key tokens through front panel key loading port and remote loading over a secure network connection.
Galleon Embedded Computing’s quality management system is certified to Aerospace Standard AS/EN 9100 and ISO 9001.
• Up to 13 ports GbE
• Up to 8 ports 10GbE
• Up to 4 ports 25GbE
• Up to 2 ports 40GbE
• SMB/CIFS, NFS, AFP, FTP, HTTP and rsync
• RAID 0, 1 and 5 support
• Optional hardware AES-256 encryption
• GPS unit for date and time synchronization
• Up to 80TB removable SSD
• Up to 13 1000Base-T ports
• Up to 8 10GBase-T or 10GBase-SR optical ports
• Up to 4 25GBase-SR/LR optical, -CR copper ports
• Up to 2 40GBase-SR4 optical ports
• Up to 40TB SLC removable SSD
• Up to 80TB MLC removable SSD
• RAID modes 0, 1 and 5
• Supported file systems: EXT4, UFS, FAT, NTFS
• Exported file systems: SMB/CIFS, NFS, AFP, FTP, HTTP and rsync
• JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID5 support
• HWFDE using XTS-AES 256bit (option)
• Certified FIPS 140-2 encryption inside (AES-256)
• SWFDE using XTS-AES 256bit (option)
• Write protected memory (option)
Front Panel Interfaces
• Removable storage bay
Rear Panel Interfaces
• 1x Power
• 1x GPS antenna input
• 0°C to +50°C standard temperature
• -40°C to +71/75°C extended temperature (AC/CC)
Shock and Vibration
• Tested to MIL-STD-810
• -1500 to 40 000 ft (AC)*
• -1500 to 60 000 ft (CC)*
• Tested to MIL-STD-461
• Up to 100%, condensing
Size, Weight & Power
• 6.2 x 7.9 x 4.1”** (157 x 201 x 103 mm**)
• 7.6 x 13.4 x 3.5”*** (194 x 341 x 89 mm***)
• Weight: 8.16 lb (3.7 kg) (configuration dependent)
• Power: from 5W idle (configuration dependent)
• 16-40V DC (nominal)
* Contact factory for high altitude options
** Conduction cooled, small form factor
*** Conduction cooled, half-rack
The XSR Rugged NAS is also offered in a half-rack configuration to meet your hardware installation requirements.